Sushi Hayakawa

Sushi Hayakawa
1055 Howell Mill Road, Atlanta GA 30318
(770) 986-0010
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5-Stars

UPDATE: This restaurant has moved from its original location on Buford Hwy and since then has been awarded their first Michelin Star.

This restaurant is my favorite sushi house of all time, the chef, Atsushi (Art) Hayakawa was the sushi chef at Atlanta's MF Sushi bar in Midtown. www.sushihayakawa.com

At the moment I step through the doors and pull the curtain to walk in everyone yells Greetings in Japanese.

I always sit at my table and order unlimited refills of hot green tea and start eating away at my delicious dinner.

On this trip to the restaurant, I again brought in a newbie; it was just after Christmas and the restaurant was so full there were patrons waiting in line at the door.
Good thing we had reservations so we could deliver this review on the blog!

We got seated at the sushi bar, and decided on what to drink, I always got my green tea, but asked if they had the Koji Blueberry saki and my friend ordered beer.

While we wait to order, we always get an appetizer to start and some wet napkins to wipe our hands. The appetizer changes each time I go to the restaurant and it's always stuff that I never thought I would try but it always ends up tasting so good I would look around to see if my friends finished it up or if I could steal some.

We sampled the salmon roe, Ebi nigiri (Shrimp), the Maguro nigiri and then proceeded with the California rolls, and the spicy tuna rolls, we then ordered two of the Special California rolls because after sharing it, it tasted so good we wanted our own platter and then a second round of California rolls and spicy tuna rolls. By then we were stuffed to the gut and couldn't walk out of the restaurant!

On other visits I also enjoy the Cucumber vinegar salad. The Unagi nigiri (eel), the Kani nigiri (Crab stick), and the Sake nigiri (salmon). The Super Crunch Shrimp Roll, the Special Eel Roll, and the Super Crunch Salmon Roll. The Green Tea Ice cream is the best!

Oh and not to mention the Japanese jazz music that they play while you are ravishing on your sushi makes the whole atmosphere utterly very divine.

An update to add, this restaurant is no longer open to walk ins, but you must reserve and pay in advance for your seat with the Chef for a different type of Japanese gourmet experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rasa Sayang

Columbia Restaurant